Reporting to the Finance Director we are looking for an experienced and hands-on Finance Manager to undertake responsibility for the day to day management of our busy Finance Department.
- Excellent computer skills (including Sage Line 50 Accounts, Sage Payroll, Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Fully qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- Background of managing a small Finance team essential.
- Experience of running a medium sized payroll system as well as a strong knowledge of managing multiple pension schemes is essential.
- Sound understanding of accounting for VAT within a commercial and charitable company is needed, including partial exemption.
- Experience of processing Fundraising as well as Retail Gift Aid is required.
- Ability to compile management account information and analyse results as required by different departments is essential.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail needed, together with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with the ability to work well in a team under minimal supervision.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining accurate financial records and filing systems for both entities.
- Managing a full service Payroll system including all Julia’s House pension schemes.
- Reviewing all month end procedures, reconciliations and analysis.
- Producing supplementary Management Accounts and Payroll analysis as required.
- Managing the Retail Gift Aid Scheme and ensuring regular Retail and Fundraising Gift Aid claims are submitted to HMRC.
- Accurately accounting for the Julia’s House lottery across both counties.
- Overseeing the Purchase and Sales ledgers.
- Providing daily assistance to the Finance Director as required and cover for all other team members in their absence.
- Train, guide and support all members of the Finance Team.
Closing date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 4th February 2019
The above post will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service check.
To apply for this job, download and complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Julia’s House, Barclays House, 1 Wimborne Road, Poole, BH15 2BB. Please note we cannot consider CVs on their own but you are welcome to include a CV with your completed application form. For enquiries please call 01202 644220.
All staff appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.