1. These Terms and Conditions are the rules of Julia’s House (herein known as the “Charity”) raffle draw. By participating in the raffle, the entrant is bound by these rules. Your participation in the draw will be cancelled if you reject any or part of the following.
2. This raffle is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005; Licence No. 000-039939-N-319913-010 in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005.
3. The responsible person is Martin Edwards (CEO). The responsible person along with Julia’s House staff who are directly involved with running the Raffle are not eligible to enter the Raffle draw.
4. Each entry into the raffle costs £1, and only all participants who have paid the donation before the commencement of the draw will be eligible and have equal chance to win a prize. Each ticket has a unique number.
5. Each separate £1 donation will be counted as one entry into the draw. You can enter the draw as many times as you like by making separate £1 donations.
6. Raffle ticket purchases are not eligible for Gift Aid. If you also give a donation in addition to purchasing raffle tickets, we can claim Gift Aid on the donation. If you kindly donate your raffle cash prize winnings back to the Charity, those donations are eligible for Gift Aid.
7. There is a minimum purchase of three (3) raffle tickets online due to online banking charges and maximum purchase online twenty (20) tickets. If you would like to purchase more than 20 tickets, please contact our Supporter Care Team on 01202 644220.
8. All tickets received after the Raffle closing date of Tuesday 16th August 2022 will be treated as a donation. Raffle closing date is Tuesday 16th August 2022. Raffle draw date is Fri 19th August 2022. Early bird close date is Tuesday 16th July 2022 and the Early bird draw date is Wednesday 13th July 2022.
9. All tickets purchased and received by or on Monday 11th July 2022 will be entered into our Early bird draw on Wednesday 13th July 2022. The winning ticket will be drawn randomly and witnessed by two people. All Early bird tickets will be re-entered into the main raffle draw.
10. The Charity reserves the right to postpone any raffle draw for a period of no longer than 14 days; in the event of an emergency. Details of any postponement will appear on the Charity website www.juliashouse.org
11. There are four prizes to be won- 3 cash prizes of £1,000 top prize, £250 second prize and £100 third prize. In addition, we have an Early bird prize available for one winner of a £100 M&S gift voucher.
12. Any uncashed or unclaimed cash prizes will be deemed as a donation to the Charity after the period of six months.
13. Payments can be made by Debit card, cash or advance cheque. Due to Gambling regulations, we do not accept credit card as payment for raffle ticket purchases.
14. To enter the draw or sell raffle tickets you must be aged 16 years or over and a resident of Great Britain. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a raffle. The Charity will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information. Entries sold to, bought by or on behalf of a person under the age of 16 will be exempt from the raffle.
15. Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize, additionally the charity reserves the right to reclaim any prizes issued in error.
16. The winning numbers will be randomly drawn and will be witnessed by two people. Once a ticket is drawn it is removed from the draw, therefore it is not possible for one number to win more than one prize. Prizes are allocated in the order of the tickets drawn from first prize to the final prize. The winning ticket of the Earlybird prize will be re-entered into the main raffle draw.
17.1 Cash prize winners will receive their cheque by post, addressed to the details of the person who purchased the winning raffle ticket.
17.2 Winners do not have to make a claim and the prizes will be posted automatically. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. Winning raffle numbers (no player names) will be shown on our website after the raffle draw.
17.3 The Charity accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
17.4 The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
18. All participants in the draw are responsible for providing the charity with up to date contact details. The Charity will not be liable for any loss incurred by the entrant caused by the failure of the entrant to inform the Charity of any changes or errors to their details.
20. The Charity cannot accept liability for the loss of, delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax; nor for any delays in the banking system.
21.Complaints and Disputes Procedure
Any complaints or disputes in respect of the raffle should be made in writing to:
The Raffle Manager, Julia’s House, Ground Floor, Allenview House, Hanham Road, Wimborne BH21 1AS.
All complaints will be acknowledged within 24 hours of receipt of the communication, at which time an investigation will be instigated with a formal response being made in writing within 10 working days.
22. Julia’s House promotes responsible gambling. Access support from GambleAware: begambleaware.org. If you are gambling more than you want to or are concerned that an individual may be a problem gambler, advice is also available at www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the national telephone helpline free on 0808 8020 133 from 8am to midnight seven days a week.
23. To support those who notify Julia’s House that they have a gambling problem there is a self-exclusion procedure. Those who are self-excluded will not receive any information about the Raffle and will not be entered in any draw or raffle promoted by Julia’s House. A copy of the self-exclusion form is available on the website: juliashouse.org/lottery
24. The Charity is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association. This organisation makes a financial contribution on behalf of their members to the Responsible Gambling Trust, a charity that carries out research into problem gambling and the treatment of problem gambling.
25. The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these rules and will publish any changes 28 days in advance on the charity website, as required by law.
26. The Raffle terms and conditions on the Julia’s House website supersede all previous versions, including terms and conditions on printed materials; the website terms and conditions should therefore be checked regularly.
27. Julia's House Limited is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 39939.
These terms and conditions were updated in May 2022.
The Responsible Person: Martin Edwards (CEO)
Registered address: Julia’s House, Julia’s House, Ground Floor, Allenview House, Hanham Road, Wimborne BH21 1AS. Telephone 01202 644220. Registered Charity No. 1067125. Gambling Commission License Number, 000-039939-N-319913-010