We’re calling on all foodies and fundraisers to host a special Get Together in aid of Julia’s House.
As lockdown eases, we'd love you to host a Get Together with your family and friends over a special meal or celebration drink, to help fundraise for us. It's a great way to help us keep on caring for local families, as you get back together with yours.
Simply pick a date, choose a fun theme (we've got some tasty suggestions from cocktails to Mediterranean feasts), invite your friends and family to join you and in return, ask them to make a donation to Julia's House. Don't forget to share photos of your Get Together on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #GetTogether.
How it works
- Sign up we'd love to know if you're holding a Get Together for us
- Pick a date and choose your theme - celebrate over a summer BBQ or cocktails, lay on a Mediterranean Feast or create a theme of your own.
- Invite your guests - download our invitation template and email, Whatsapp or post it to your guests
- Hold your Get Together and ask your family and friends to donate - we recommend £10 - £20 as a suggested donation, check out our fundraising tips below
- Get entered into our prize draw - Raise £100 or more and you’ll be automatically entered into our prize draw to win a luxury Dorset Cherry Picked Hamper and Hall & Woodhouse vouchers, worth £100. The prize draw closes at 12pm on Monday 6th December 2021 and the winner will be announced by 5pm on Wednesday 8th December 2021. See full terms and conditions.
Please don’t forget to check the latest COVID Government Guidelines
Set yourself a target of what you’d like to raise, even if you don’t tell anyone. To keep your hosting costs down, you could ask people to bring their own drinks (BYOB).
Create your Just Giving page, which your friends and family can use to make their donation.
Saying a few words on the night about what hosting a Get Together means to you and where their money is going may encourage your friends and family to donate more. We’ve got some inspiring stories about the children and families we care for that you can print out for your guests.
Hold a mini raffle with prizes to encourage people to donate more – you could even make an extra dessert or takeaway dishes to raffle off!
Ask for an extra donation for a special cocktail.
Create recipe cards and ask for a donation for the recipes of your dishes.
Ask your work to match funds raised (especially if you’re inviting work colleagues).
Pay it forward and convince another friend to host a #GetTogether for Julia’s House. Post about it on social media and tag the next person who is hosting!
Buzz word forfeits - put £2 in the pot every time someone says 'COVID' or 'socially distanced'.
There are a few ways you can get the money fundraised at your Get together to us:
- The best place to start is by setting up a JustGiving fundraising page. It’s easy to set up and manage, and your guests can donate to the page during the evening.
- You can donate through our website. Just make sure you add your reason for donation as 'Get Together'.
- You can send a cheque, payable to ‘Julia’s House’ in the post to: Julia's House, Barclays House, 1 Wimborne Road, Poole, BH15 2BB. Just make sure you include a note with your name and the reason for your sponsorship.
If you would like to speak to one of the team about your Get Together please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Together for Jack and Evie
Jack has cerebral palsy and has always had seizures every couple of weeks, something his sister Evie is now used to, going downstairs in the middle of the night open the door ready for the ambulance.
Their first session with Julia's House was an evening at home. A Julia’s House nurse and carer came to be with Jack so that mum could take Evie to a theatre club which meant the world to her. Evie has also made lots of new friends at our siblings group.
"It is such a relief to have the support of nurses and carers who are not fazed by anything. Jack is in capable hands, in the hands of people who know what to do if there is an emergency and can stay calm. Jack never stops smiling when he’s at Julia’s House.
We’ve all felt the benefit of Julia’s House. I could not go back to how life was. We feel surrounded by love. We have no family to help us but we have Julia’s House – they are our family now."
Hayley, Jack and Evie's mum
Jack and Evie baking for a Get Together with their Julia's House nurse