No mountain too high for Sophie!
- Sophie Cherrington climbed to Everest Base Camp in September and raised £1,282.60 for Julia's House families. Well done Sophie - what a difficult challenge to take on for us! She said: "It was absolutely incredible and I am over the moon to report that I made it to Base Camp!" ...Sophie - we can't thank you enough.
Thank you for tackling the mud for us, TDSi!
- TDSi tackled the mud, hills and obstacles in August and raised an amazing £1152 in the Tough Mudder for Julia's House families. We think their ongoing support is fantastic!
Thank you 26 Engineer Regiment
- Cpl Paul Mahoney and a small REAR OPS party from 30 SQN of 26 Engineer Regiment welcomed home their fellow soldiers from a 7 month ‘Tour of Estonia’ with a ‘Welcome Home BBQ and Auction’ in aid of Julia’s House. They raised an amazing £1223.64. Thanks Guys for your hard work and continued support
Thank you 8 Training BattalIon REME
- Huge thank you to CO Matt Simon, RSM Chris Kipling and WO OPS Jay Hopkinson from 8 Training Battalion REME for taking the time to visit JH Devizes, and for the kind donation of £462.50
Thank You Dorset Young Farmers
- Thanks to Dorset Young Farmers, who held an Extra Mile event earlier in the year and raised an amazing £1055.47
Thank you Mike & Elise Pomeroy
- Thank you to Mike and Elise Pomeroy with the help of the team at Bournemouth Sports Club for their continued success in holding regular quizzes in aid of Julia’s House. For the first half of the year raising £1400 for Julia’s House.
Thank you MDL Marina
- Huge thanks to MDL Marina at Cobbs Quay, they raised £3133.36 for Julia's House this year from their Summer Ball raffle, fishing competitions and golf day. Huge thanks to the staff and generous berthholders. This is the fourth year MDL have chosen to support us, Sue Miles was at the Southampton Boat Show to receive the cheque last week. Thank you MDL, your ongoing fundraising is fantastic!
Turning a £50 Challenge into £4925!
- Colleagues from Pork Farms and Walls, in Poole presented Caroline Attreed, Corporate Fundraiser from Julia’s House with a fantastic cheque of £4925! Walls are the winners of the Overall £50 Challenge award. The team were presented with £50 by Julia’s House in February this year at our £50 Challenge launch The team along with other businesses had 3 months to see how creative they could be to raise vital funds for Julia’s House using the £50 to start them off. £4925 was raised by a team of 10 climbing the 3 Peaks in 24 hours, they did this with just 7 minutes to spare! Many of the team took part in fundraising cake sales and raffles as part of the challenge. A huge thank you to all the team for taking part for the 2nd year and they are already thinking ahead for their £50 Challenge ideas next year. If you work at a company and would like to know more about the £50 challenge please contact Caroline.Attreed@juliashouse.org
Everyone loves a raffle!
- A huge thank you to Mark Woodford and Plumbstop for holding a raffle in aid of Julia’s House at their Big Trade Event at The Vitality Stadium on 7th September. They raised £332.54 which is brilliant! Thanks also to Anna & Farhad from Barclays who volunteered to sell raffle tickets for us.
Golf day a success!
- The sun was shining for all of our teams at Dudsbury Golf Course on Friday 7th September and we had a great day. We'd like to say a huge thank you to all of the golfers, our event sponsors - DB Schenker, the hole sponsors, Pork Farms for providing the lunch snacks on the course, the Barclays volunteers, Chris for his help on the day and to Phil the photographer for all the lovely pics. The day of fundraising was a huge success thanks to you all. See you again next year!
Banyard Contruction take Julia's House as long term partner
- Banyard Construction have been regulars at our corporate golf days for a few years but this year have committed to do even more to support Julia’s House. Not only have they paid for all the Sibling Trips for this year but raised another £1,000 from their recent Go Karting fundraiser with Weltec Ltd. It is great to have their ongoing support & generosity and they have even more planned –THANK YOU!
Thanks for our mum's golf lesson!
- Our Mums were treated to a private golf lesson at Bulbury Woods. Thank you to the Golf Club and to the instructor David. Among the laughter and encouragement of each other – they were surprisingly quite competitive! The evening was perfect with sunny weather and a super supper too.
Sibling VIP treatment
- Thank you to Madame Taussauds for making our siblings feel like one of the celebrities. Merlin’s Magic Wand gave them free tickets and the VIP treatment...(no queuing!). And they had an amazing time.
New car = New Opportunites for fundraising!
- What a 'wheelie' amazing donation from Balmer Lawn. Their gift will help our team to get out and about in the community, helping with fundraising and spreading the word about our vital care. Thank you so much!
Sweet Cake Sale!
- Future GBBO stars in Wiltshire; Ella, Abi and Charlotte organised a fantastic cake sale at Devizes Leisure Centre. Their event was a great success and raised an amazing £155.70 for Julia’s House families. Thank you and keep on baking girls!
Sainsbury's Walk the Walk!
- Thank you to Julian, Julie and the team at Sainsbury’s in Calne for their support through their 2017/2018 Charity year. The staff organised a sponsored walk from their store to our hospice in Devizes... and back again! Along with instore fundraising and collection cans on the tills - they raised a brilliant £1828 for Julia's House families. Thank you!
£50 Challenge Creative Award Winners
- Huge congratulations to Inspire who won the award for the most creative fundraising idea with their “I’m an Accountant Get me out of here” fundraiser. The team offered to take on challenges from an Abba Tribute to a Dare to Bare, shave you head challenge. In total they raised a fantastic £903.76 including gift aid – you are all stars – thank you!
26 Engineer Regiment Fundraise!
- Commanding Officer, Lt Col Simon Doyle, chose Julia’s House as the Regiment’s Charity of the Year. Many soldiers serving with the Regiment have recently returned from Operational Commitments. Their ‘Home Coming’ party (which coincided with the England World Cup Semi Final match) raised over £1200 for Julia’s House.
- A big thank you to 288 Group for raising more than £15,000, in sponsorship
and matched donations, by tackling our Jurassic Coast Trek. More than forty employees completed the 26 mile or 13 mile walk along the Jurassic coast from Lulworth Cove the Studland Bay.
Wimborne Beer Festival raises £3,000!
- We're delighted to accept a cheque for £3,000 from Wimborne Beer Festival organiser, James Winter. The donation was from our 2017 event, huge thank you to the organisers, sponsors, volunteers and of course our all those who attended!
Golf Day Success!
- Fantastic fundraising from 3 local businesses - Laceys Solicitors, Investec & Saffery Champness. They held a joint golf day for clients at Remedy Oak Golf Club on Thursday 28 June and raised a fantastic £780 on the day for Julia’s House – thank you so much!
Huge thanks to Weymouth Rotary Club
- Thank you to Weymouth Rotary for organising a fantastic evening with the Wurzels and Friends. An amazing amount was raised during the evening and Julia's House received £1000.00 from the proceeds!
A Royal Ascot Win!
- Laybourne Finance had a fantastic day with their clients at the Royal Ascot recently - and even had a good view of the Queen! They won this fantastic prize with a sealed bid of £2700, which had kindly been donated to Julia's House by Mar-Key Group. We'd like to thank both Laybourne and Mar-Key Group for helping to raise vital funds for Julia's House families in this way.