A hair raising amount!
- A huge thank you to Aaron, Josh, Liam and Mini from Rockley Watersports for braving the cold and having their heads shaved for Julia’s House. You raised an amazing £3610.14 with help from Rockley Watersports matching your total through the Big Give Christmas Challenge 2018!
Christmas Countdown with chocolate!
- Huge thanks to EIMS IT Sales and Marketing for donating 100 advent calendars for our children and siblings. They absolutely loved them! Yum.
Carols by Candlelight - all thanks to our sponsors, Holton Homes
- A huge thank you to Holton Homes for sponsoring the Poole 'Carol's by Candlelight' Concert this year. A hugely successful fundraising event where guests and supporters enjoyed readings from celebrities Guy Henry, Debra Stephenson and Martin Clunes as well as some mulled wine and a mince pie or two. There was even a surprise visit from our Patron, Eddie Howe! Holton Homes are big supporters of the charity and also sponsored the Julia's House Jurassic Trek.
On our side
- Thank you to the team and customers of Nationwide, Canford Cliffs, for raising a fantastic £2364.08 to date, including selling second hand books within their branch. This is a fantastic amount raised and we are very grateful to the manager Katie Trott and her team for their continuous support.
Bathroom specialist donates piece of art
Local photographer, Pete Scott, who helped to redecorate and tile the Julia’s House children’s hospice bathrooms with a local beach theme has donated one of his very own works of Lulworth Cove to go on display in one of the bedrooms. Pete, who is part of the Bournemouth Echo Camera Club and a general landscape and astral photographer, got talking to the nurses at the hospice about their new nautical theme and wanted to make his very own donation. The photograph he has donated is called ‘Shape of Water’ and depicts Lulworth Cove through a long exposure, making it look like a fantastical shape of a shell. We think it's amazing!
Puppets, bikers and artists made our Christmas party!
We welcomed 12 families to a Party at the Devizes Hospice where there was a Puppet show by 'Christmas for Kids' and a chance to meet the Bikers from Forsaken Guardians Motor Cycle Club who had a very successful Toy Run for the children and presented a cheque for £700. The children made Rudolph from ginger bread, decorated ceramic ornaments and departed with smiles and a sack full of goodies, including chocolate kindly donated by St Josephs School in Devizes. Thank you to the face Painter & balloon artist from Claire’s Circus and to Dawn of Victory Lodge Royal Antidiluvian order Of Buffaloes for funding the event.
Wiltshire Summer Lodge Freemasons help us capture memories
We were delighted that the Wiltshire Summer Lodge Freemasons came along to one of our Wiltshire Hospice Open Days this week, and gave our Care Team a camera, so they can capture days out and activities to keep lasting memories for our families
Life in the fast lane
Thank you to the Tesla Owners Club for their donation of 2 mini electric Teslas for the children, we have a feeling they're going to LOVE these!
Christmas has come early!
Thank you to The Foresaken Guardians and B&M Amesbury for their absolutely incredible donation of Christmas presents for our children. Kind hearted members of the public also contributed by buying and donating toys. Their generosity will put lots of smiles on many faces.
Poweful support from MUJV
We welcomed MUJV from Tidworth to our Devizes hospice for a tour yesterday. They supported us this year with a number of different fundraisers, including a cake sale and cricket match, they have raised an amazing £2518.00. A huge thank you for all of your hard work!
A special gift from Santa and Seventa
Some thoughtful elves at 'Seventa Events' invited the Julia's House families to the Bournemouth gardens Santa's Grotto before it opened to the public. It meant that they were all able to get their Christmas wish lists in before the rush! They each met Mr Clause himself and received a special pre-Christmas gift too.
Thank you to Seventa and all at the Grotto for the kind invitation.
O'Hara! What a very generous visit
Not only did some of the care staff have a lovely time when they were invited to the Nicholas O’Hara Ball in October, but Nick, Anthony and Natalie O’Hara came to the hospice recently to present a cheque for £2,000 too! What a wonderful amount. Thank you so much for helping Julia's House families.
Families come first for Coles Miller
Huge thanks to Coles Miller Solicitors for the £400 they raised from their Family Law Seminar in September, we were delighted they chose to support Julia’s House.
Pictured in the photograph is Rob Leonard, Practice Director at 3PB Chambers, Sue Miles, Business Fundraiser at Julia’s House, and Richard Perrins, Head of the Family Dept at Coles Miller Solicitors.’
Tesco fly high for Julia's House
Eleven brave members of staff from Tesco in Branksome jumped out of a plane and raised £4,757! Thank you to Tesco and your wonderful staff for continuing to support us… we can’t wait to find out what your next challenge will be!
Intalent raises funds at Property and Construction Expo
Huge thanks to Intalent for choosing to support Julia's House though the Property and Construction Expo, it was a great event and the prize draw raised £270.
Spooktacular fundraising from Britannia Parking
Thank you to Britannia Parking, who dressed up for a Halloween day and raised £125’
Proof that every penny makes a difference
- Thank you to the employees at Dorset Healthcare who donate to Julia’s House through rounding their salary down to the nearest pound. Employees have been donating their pennies since 2013 and have raised an amazing £6000 in doing so! The support from Dorset Healthcare could help pay for five days of play sessions during the school holidays for local seriously ill children - providing plenty of fun and friendship.
- Caroline Attreed, our corporate fundraiser would love to hear from any organisation that would like to support through donating their pennies, email@example.com
No mountain too high for Sophie!
- Sophie Cherrington climbed to Everest Base Camp in September and raised £1,282.60 for Julia's House families. Well done Sophie - what a difficult challenge to take on for us! She said: "It was absolutely incredible and I am over the moon to report that I made it to Base Camp!" ...Sophie - we can't thank you enough.
Thank you for tackling the mud for us, TDSi!
- TDSi tackled the mud, hills and obstacles in August and raised an amazing £1152 in the Tough Mudder for Julia's House families. We think their ongoing support is fantastic!
Thank you 26 Engineer Regiment
- Cpl Paul Mahoney and a small REAR OPS party from 30 SQN of 26 Engineer Regiment welcomed home their fellow soldiers from a 7 month ‘Tour of Estonia’ with a ‘Welcome Home BBQ and Auction’ in aid of Julia’s House. They raised an amazing £1223.64. Thanks Guys for your hard work and continued support
Thank you 8 Training BattalIon REME
- Huge thank you to CO Matt Simon, RSM Chris Kipling and WO OPS Jay Hopkinson from 8 Training Battalion REME for taking the time to visit JH Devizes, and for the kind donation of £462.50
Thank You Dorset Young Farmers
- Thanks to Dorset Young Farmers, who held an Extra Mile event earlier in the year and raised an amazing £1055.47
Thank you Mike & Elise Pomeroy
- Thank you to Mike and Elise Pomeroy with the help of the team at Bournemouth Sports Club for their continued success in holding regular quizzes in aid of Julia’s House. For the first half of the year raising £1400 for Julia’s House.
Thank you MDL Marina
- Huge thanks to MDL Marina at Cobbs Quay, they raised £3133.36 for Julia's House this year from their Summer Ball raffle, fishing competitions and golf day. Huge thanks to the staff and generous berthholders. This is the fourth year MDL have chosen to support us, Sue Miles was at the Southampton Boat Show to receive the cheque last week. Thank you MDL, your ongoing fundraising is fantastic!
Turning a £50 Challenge into £4925!
- Colleagues from Pork Farms and Walls, in Poole presented Caroline Attreed, Corporate Fundraiser from Julia’s House with a fantastic cheque of £4925! Walls are the winners of the Overall £50 Challenge award. The team were presented with £50 by Julia’s House in February this year at our £50 Challenge launch The team along with other businesses had 3 months to see how creative they could be to raise vital funds for Julia’s House using the £50 to start them off. £4925 was raised by a team of 10 climbing the 3 Peaks in 24 hours, they did this with just 7 minutes to spare! Many of the team took part in fundraising cake sales and raffles as part of the challenge. A huge thank you to all the team for taking part for the 2nd year and they are already thinking ahead for their £50 Challenge ideas next year. If you work at a company and would like to know more about the £50 challenge please contact Caroline.Attreed@juliashouse.org
Everyone loves a raffle!
- A huge thank you to Mark Woodford and Plumbstop for holding a raffle in aid of Julia’s House at their Big Trade Event at The Vitality Stadium on 7th September. They raised £332.54 which is brilliant! Thanks also to Anna & Farhad from Barclays who volunteered to sell raffle tickets for us.
Golf day a success!
- The sun was shining for all of our teams at Dudsbury Golf Course on Friday 7th September and we had a great day. We'd like to say a huge thank you to all of the golfers, our event sponsors - DB Schenker, the hole sponsors, Pork Farms for providing the lunch snacks on the course, the Barclays volunteers, Chris for his help on the day and to Phil the photographer for all the lovely pics. The day of fundraising was a huge success thanks to you all. See you again next year!
Banyard Contruction take Julia's House as long term partner
- Banyard Construction have been regulars at our corporate golf days for a few years but this year have committed to do even more to support Julia’s House. Not only have they paid for all the Sibling Trips for this year but raised another £1,000 from their recent Go Karting fundraiser with Weltec Ltd. It is great to have their ongoing support & generosity and they have even more planned –THANK YOU!
Thanks for our mum's golf lesson!
- Our Mums were treated to a private golf lesson at Bulbury Woods. Thank you to the Golf Club and to the instructor David. Among the laughter and encouragement of each other – they were surprisingly quite competitive! The evening was perfect with sunny weather and a super supper too.