x

The Big Jump

24/04/2021

Event Information

Saturday 24th April, 2021
Open Gallery arrow

Event Description

If any of our fundraising events need to be postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19 Coronavirus, we will, of course, be offering an optional refund. We are doing all we can to keep our fundraising events running as usual within current Government guidelines. The care for local families and children is continuing – they need us now more than ever. Thank you for your support. Take care.

Thrill seekers look no further, this is the challenge for you! Feel the adrenaline rush as you jump from 13,000 feet and reach speeds of up to 120mph. You will freefall for a minute before your instructor releases your parachute and you glide towards the ground. 

This is a tandem skydive so your instructor is in complete control of the jump throughout,  all you need to do is kick back and enjoy the ride, taking in all the spectacular views on the way down.

The jump takes place at the Army Parachute Association airfield near Salisbury, SP4 9SF.

Be a Life Changer:  fall out of a plane and help a dad who’s fallen out of society

Dan gave up his career, his friendships and pretty much his life to take on the care of his daughter Elisa who has cerebral palsy. His world fell apart:

“You become so isolated it’s like falling out of society. I was trapped in a cycle of exhaustion and anxiety. You try not to think about it but you go to bed every night not knowing if your child will wake up in the morning.”

Jumping from 13,000 feet you’ll be helping a dad like Dan find his feet – and open up a new world of support and friendship for a family feeling isolated.

Skydive for us and make a life-changing difference in 2020.

How much does it cost?

The deposit is £50 and we ask you to raise a minimum of £395. Or you can pay £200 for your skydive and simply raise as much as you can*.

We’ll be there for you

Julia’s House will give you one-to one support and join you on the day to watch you jump. All our skydivers will receive a Julia’s House t-shirt, medal and supporter pack, full of fundraising tips.

You’ll also be invited to an exclusive challenge evening at our Dorset hospice, a chance to meet your fellow skydivers and find out a bit more about how your jump helps our families.


Can’t make the date? Don’t worry! 

Just let us know which alternative date you’re thinking of and we can arrange it for you.  

*By paying a deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £395. 80% (£315) must be received by Julia’s House no later than one week before your jump (Friday 31st July). The remaining 20% (£80) must be received by Monday 31st August. If you have chosen to self-fund your tandem skydive, the remaining balance of £150 is due by Friday 31st July. 

Back to Events
Verified by Visa logo MasterCard SecureCode logo 3D Secure logo Fundraising Regulator logo