The Big Jump


Event Information

Saturday 3rd August, 2019
Ticket Required Book Now
Open Gallery arrow
Army Parachute Association Airfield Camp, Netheravon, Salisbury, SP4 9SF
Get Directions

Event Description

Could you be brave for just one minute to help a child feel brave for a lifetime?

The children we care for have to be incredibly brave every single day. Their lives are full of hospital appointments, medication and uncertainty.  Could you be brave enough to support them by doing a skydive?

Feel the adrenaline rush as you jump from 13,000 feet and reach speeds of 120mph.  You will freefall for one whole minute before your instructor releases your parachute and you glide towards the ground. Will you challenge yourself to commit to one minute of bravery to help children and their families get the care and support to help them through the challenges they face every single day?

How does it work?

Don’t worry, you won’t be on your own! You’ll be attached to an instructor who is in complete control of your jump throughout so all you need to do is kick back and enjoy the ride down, taking in all the spectacular views on the way.

How much does it cost?

The deposit is £50 and we ask you to raise a minimum of £395 which will cover the cost of your skydive. Or you can pay £200 for your skydive and simply raise as much as you can.*

We will be jumping from the Army Parachute Association airfield near Salisbury, SP4 9SF.

What support will I get?

You will have a dedicated contact at Julia’s House, who will give you one-to one support all the way and will join you on Saturday 3rd August 2019 to watch you jump. All our jumpers will receive a Julia’s House t-shirt, medal and supporter pack, bursting with fundraising ideas and tips.

We will also invite you to the hospice so you can take a look around and find out more about the work of our nurses and carers, not just in the hospice but out in the community across Dorset and Wiltshire.

It’s also a chance to meet other people who will be taking the plunge – there’s always a great team spirit among our challenge eventers.

Book your place online, call Hannah on 01202 644220 or email hannah.miller@juliashouse.org.

Can’t make 3rd August? Don’t worry! 

If you can’t make 3rd August then you’re also welcome to skydive for us any other day of the year! Just let us know which date you’re thinking of and we can arrange it for you.

Sign up today and tick something off your bucket list in 2019!


*By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £395. 80% (£315) must be received by Julia’s House no later than one week before your jump (Friday 26th July 2019). The remaining 20% (£80) must be received by Friday 30th August 2019. If you have chosen to self-fund your tandem skydive, the remaining balance of £150 is due by Friday 26th July 2019. 

Back to Events
Verified by Visa logo MasterCard SecureCode logo 3D Secure logo Fundraising Regulator logo