NEW FOR 2019! Join us on this 9 day adventure as we hike for 5 days along one of the most spectacular wonders of the world - the Great Wall of China. We’ll head off the beaten track and discover sections of the wall dating back to the Ming Dynasty. As we follow the winding path, you’ll marvel at the magnificent panoramic views, stretching to the misty mountain ranges and learn all about the fascinating culture and deep history of China.
This trek is exclusive to Julia’s House fundraisers and offers a great opportunity to come together with other supporters of Julia’s House to explore this fascinating Wonder of the World, whilst raising much needed funds for our families.
This trek will certainly challenge you, with lots of twists, turns, ups and downs, but you will be rewarded with the most spectacular views of the Great Wall and surrounding scenery – from stunning mountain ranges and luscious rolling farmland to the ancient watch towers and battlement stations that once defended China against the nomadic tribes. As we head off the beaten track, there will be many sections during this challenge where we’ll feel the Great Wall is for us only, with no-one else in sight.
If you would like to take part and support Julia’s House, there are three ways you can get involved:
1. Sponsorship funded: Pay a deposit of £299 and pledge to raise £2,900*
2. Flexi: Pay a deposit of £299 + £500 towards the cost of the trip (£500 balance due by 1st July 2019). Pledge to raise £2,400*
3. Self-fund: Pay a deposit of £299 to secure your booking and then pay the balance of £1,466 by 1st July 2019. We would love you to raise a minimum of £1,000.
The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. We recommend that you organise travel insurance at the time of booking as this will protect your non-refundable registration fee in the event of unexpected cancellation.
Come to our free information evening on Tuesday 18th September 2018 and find out if this amazing adventure is for you!
This is your opportunity to find out more about the trek, how the money you raise will make a difference to local children and their families and meet some of the team before you book onto the challenge. The information evening will be held at our hospice in Corfe Mullen from 6pm. If you have any questions feel free to contact email@example.com or ask to speak to Hannah on 01202 644220.
Made your mind up?
Sign up today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Click 'book' to fill out our quick and easy online booking form or call Hannah Miller on 01202 644220. Once you have registered we will send you an information pack, training advice and exclusive discount vouchers.
Julia’s House is acting as agent for The Different Travel Company, ATOL 6706. The flight-inclusive trip in this brochure is financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay your registration fee you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate and ATOL Confirmation Invoice. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
* By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £2,900 (sponsorship-funded) or £2,400 (flexi). 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received no later than 10 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% must be received no later than 1 week before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. All outstanding sponsorship must be sent to Julia’s House within four weeks of completing the Challenge.
If you choose the sponsorship-funded or flexi option, HMRC regulations state that as a percentage of your fundraising contributes to the cost of this event we will be unable to claim Gift Aid on any sponsorship from a relative (i.e. Husband, Mother, Grandfather, Sibling or even Uncle). Therefore can you please advise your relatives when donating via Just Giving not to select that they are eligible for Gift Aid.Back to Events