NEW FOR 2020! Join us for the adventure of a life-time - a trek to the foothills of Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Hike to basecamp, following in the footsteps of some of the most famous and respected mountaineers of all time and experience the spirit of the fascinating Sherpa people, all while being surrounded by the most breath-taking landscape imaginable. There’s also time to trek to the summit of Kalapatar and marvel at the magnificent views of Mount Everest at sunrise. It’s an incredible sixteen-day adventure, which will only keep you out of the office for nine days!
The secret to achieving our goal of reaching Everest Base Camp is to acclimatise well. We will be walking at a steady pace, ascending to altitude slowly. It’s important to rest, eat good food, sleep well and drink plenty of water. This trek will certainly challenge you but there’s nothing like the overwhelming sense of achievement you’ll feel when you reach Everest Base Camp – a moment you will remember for a lifetime. Download the full itinerary here.
This trek is exclusive to Julia’s House fundraisers and offers a great opportunity to come together with other supporters of Julia’s House to explore this inspiring mountain range, whilst raising much needed funds for our families.
If you would like to take part and support Julia’s House, there are three ways you can get involved:
1. Sponsorship funded: Pay a deposit of £499 and pledge to raise £3,700*.
2. Flexi: Pay a deposit of £499 + £800 towards the cost of the trip (due by 21st February 2020). Pledge to raise £2,900*
3. Self-fund: Pay a deposit of £499 to secure your booking and then pay the balance of £1,951 by 21st February 2020. We would love you to try and raise a minimum of £1,500.
The deposit can be paid in two instalments of £249.50.
The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. We recommend that you organise travel insurance at the time of booking as this will protect your non-refundable registration fee in the event of unexpected cancellation.
Come to our free information evening on Thursday 2nd May 2019 and find out if this amazing adventure is for you!
This is your opportunity to find out more about the trek, how the money you raise will make a difference to local children and their families and meet some of the team before you book onto the challenge. The information evening will be held at our hospice in Corfe Mullen from 6pm.
Sign up today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Contact Hannah.email@example.com or ask to speak to Hannah on 01202 644220.
Julia’s House is acting as agent for The Different Travel Company, ATOL 6706. The flight-inclusive trip in this brochure is financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay your registration fee you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate and ATOL Confirmation Invoice. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: https://www.caa.co.uk/home/.
* By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £3,700 (sponsorship-funded) or £2,900 (flexi). 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received no later than 10 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% must be received no later than 1 week before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. All outstanding sponsorship must be sent to Julia’s House within four weeks of completing the Challenge. If you choose the sponsorship-funded or flexi option, HMRC regulations state that as a percentage of your fundraising contributes to the cost of this event we will be unable to claim Gift Aid on any sponsorship from a relative (i.e. Husband, Mother, Grandfather, Sibling or even Uncle). Therefore, can you please advise your relatives when donating via Just Giving not to select that they are eligible for Gift Aid.Back to Events