Join us on this bucket-list adventure as we hike to base camp, at the foot of highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest.
- Visit some of the highest villages in the world
- Discover dramatic mountain views, suspension bridges and glaciers
- Learn all about the fascinating Sherpa culture as you trek through mountaineering history
- Reach the colourful prayer flags of Everest Base Camp
- Trek to the summit of Kalapatar and watch the sunrise over the highest mountain on earth
- Explore the vibrant capital of Kathmandu
- Spend sixteen days surrounded by the most breath-taking landscape imaginable
- Renowned for stable conditions, good visibility and bluebird days, November is one of the best times of the year to visit
- Book risk free with ATOL protection and guaranteed money-back if the trek gets cancelled or you can't make the postponed dates.
The secret to achieving our goal of reaching Everest Base Camp is to acclimatise well. We will be walking at a steady pace, ascending to altitude slowly. It’s important to rest, eat good food, sleep well and drink plenty of water. This trek will certainly challenge you but there’s nothing like the overwhelming sense of achievement you’ll feel when you reach Everest Base Camp – a moment you will remember for a lifetime.
- International and domestic flights (including all current airport taxes and fuel supplements)
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel and tea houses on the trek
- All transfers, permits and entry fees
- All meals including a celebratory farewell dinner
- Local English-speaking guides (who may have summited Everest themselves!), Sherpas and full support crew on the trek
- A dedicated contact at Julia’s House, who will give you fundraising support all the way
- Free training weekends so you can meet your fellow, like-minded trekkers
- Julia's House t-shirt, certificate and medal
- Sleep easy with ATOL protection
- Personal expenses (such as drinks and souvenirs)
- Personal travel insurance
- Visas (US$30 on arrival) and vaccinations
- Drinking water (can be purchased locally or purified tap water)
- Tips for local guides and support crew
If you would like to take part and support Julia’s House, there are three ways you can get involved:
- Sponsorship funded: Pay a deposit of £499 and pledge to raise £3,700
- Flexi: Pay a deposit of £499 and then pay a balance of £850. Pledge to raise £2,900
- Self-fund: Pay a deposit of £499 and then pay the balance of £2,000. Simply raise as much as you can.
The balance is due 10 weeks before departure.
If the trek needs to be postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19 Coronavirus, we will, of course, be offering a full refund. In the first instance we will look to postpone the trek and offer you the opportunity to transfer your booking to the new dates. If we cannot postpone the trek, or you can't make the new dates, you will be offered a full refund.
We are doing all we can to keep our fundraising events running as usual within current Government guidelines. The care for local families and children is continuing – they need your support now more than ever.
The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable. We recommend that you organise travel insurance at the time of booking as this will protect your deposit just in case you need to cancel. In the unfortunate event that the trek gets cancelled by the organisers (for example, due to Coronavirus), you will be contacted immediately and offered the option to postpone or get a refund.
By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £3,700 (sponsorship-funded) or £2,900 (flexi). 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received no later than 10 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% must be received no later than four weeks after completing the challenge.
Julia’s House is acting as agent for The Different Travel Company, ATOL 6706. The flight-inclusive trip in this brochure is financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay your deposit you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate and ATOL Confirmation Invoice. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk.
If you choose the sponsorship-funded or flexi option, HMRC regulations state that as a percentage of your fundraising contributes to the cost of this event we will be unable to claim Gift Aid on any sponsorship from a relative (i.e. Husband, Mother, Grandfather, Sibling or even Uncle). Therefore, can you please advise your relatives when donating via JustGiving not to select that they are eligible for Gift Aid.